Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday Lunch

My oldest and dearest friend, Gay, came over today and took me to lunch. Afterward, I rode with her to Bartlesville to pick up one of her grandchildren who is going on vacation with them. Tony, her husband, didn't come. He wanted us to have the moment together alone.

I appreciated that. It was a good day. She bought my lunch and also the cold drink we shared as her daughter-in-law and the two granddaughters had lunch later.

Aaron, who is the Red Cross director has agreed to speak at the Celebration of Life about Bob's experience as a disaster volunteer for the Red Cross for twelve years. That will be good.

The kids, all but Keith, will also talk about their experiences with their father.

It is good to be home though. It has been a big day for me.

Tonight, one right after another, three friends called to express their condolences. Two of them were my classmates. The other was an old friend from here in town. I have been on the phone all evening.

3 comments:

ChuckFu said...

I will try mom I am just not sure I can hold it togeather

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...Hope things are going well for you. A day at a time my friend.
Hugs...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

True, Balisha, so true. And Keith, it isn't necessary for you to put yourself through that.