Thursday, June 3, 2010

Busy Thursday

I spent the morning changing my things from the den closet to the closet in my bedroom. I put Bob's clothing in the den closet until Leslie and I can have a garage sale. I believe we will try to do that soon. He had a lot of clothes...more then most men. And he had fifteen pair of shoes.

This noon, actually 11:30, I went to the executive meeting of the CMA at the Sirloin Stockade. Then in the afternoon, at 2:00 I will met here with Karan to put together the photo board for Sunday's Celebration of Life. Later I may try to get a nap.

I have been waking up at 3:00am lately and thinking about everything that needs to be done. Last night it was the parking problem at the church. I am expecting 75 to 100 people at this service and we have parking for about 30 cars so any more then that will need to park on the grass. We have pew seating for 49. We will have to put up some folding chairs for any more.

Tomorrow, I drive to Wichita to pick up Keith about 4:00. I will need to leave here about 11:30 to pick up Leslie first and have lunch if she finds they will let her off work for that. I am a little leery of driving to Wichita 2 1/2 hours by myself in my car. I have 139,000 miles on that little Honda. I need to have the oil changed too. And I need to get gas this afternoon.

More later...

Scott called this afternoon and said my grandson, Jerod, was coming in Saturday to the Tulsa International airport. So depending on his schedule, I may be driving another hour and a half to Tulsa and back on Saturday. At this point, we don't even know his schedule. Christina will be driving in on Saturday too from Manhattan, Kansas. Scott is going to have to be in charge of Jerod.

4 comments:

clairz said...

Margie, so many things to do! It helps me to have a pad of paper and pencil by the bedside so I can transfer those 3 AM lists from my tired brain to paper and thus (hopefully) stop thinking about them and worrying about all that has to be done.

Of course, in the morning light the worries somehow seem lighter.

There's a lot to get through right now. You are still in the "taking care of others" mode, it seems. Bless you.

Margie's Musings said...

You're probably right, clairz. See my latest addition to today's blog for further complications.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going to be on the road and busy with not a minute to spare. I am sure you have a lot on your mind and that is one of the reasons you keep waking up. I hope you can get some rest. Wishing you a peaceful night.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.