Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another Hot Day

The heat index hit 107 yesterday. After I got home, I brought Slinky and Missy in for the afternoon. He wanted out about 7:00 so I let him out then. It was still pretty hot, but a big dog like Slinky can only be in a small kitchen so long.

I will go feed and check his water now and get back to this later.

I took Slinky for his walk and then sat on the patio with a cup of coffee until Inky started giving me a hard time wanting attention. Inky is the stray kitten I made the mistake of feeding. Now I have another female cat.

I got my mowing done. I trimmed last time so I will not trim much today. I have no plans for today. Perhaps I will get back to my book.

I chatted awhile with one of my classmates while I was checking my Facebook page. She was online there too.

I finally slept well last night but I had to take a sleeping pill to do it. I hate doing that but it had been a week since I got a full night's sleep so I finally just broke down and took one.

My friend, Judy, called this evening and asked me to meet her for dinner. We went to Long John's Silver. We had a good visit too. I ate too much today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The heat index is supposed to be over 100 here today, too. This entire summer has been hotter than what I can remember for a while. I worked in my flower beds yesterday morning from 6:30 a.m to about 8 a.m. and had to shower, wash my hair all over again. The humidity here is awful. My yard needs mowing, too!

Margie's Musings said...

It's a mess isn't it, Judy?