Friday, July 30, 2010

Another Scorcher

Today will be another scorcher. It should reach 100 all next week with the heat index...who knows where. We need some rain to cool us off.

This morning at 11:30 my sister, Phyllis, will have her test. Perhaps we will learn why she was vomiting blood and also passing blood the night before last. None of yesterday's tests showed anything.

I will go up to the hospital again this morning after I get a few things done around the house, water the plants and walk Slinky.

More later...

When I got there this morning she had already been taken into surgery. Her test showed she had two stomach ulcers.

It's 101 this afternoon. When I came home at 2:30, I found Slinky was really overheated. I have him in the kitchen now. I don't know how long he will stay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I hope your sister is o.k. Your pie sounds just wonderful and blackberries are one of my favorite things in this world. I used to make cobblers when we lived on the farm and I would get up in the night and eat them!

Margie's Musings said...

I enjoyed a piece. I hope my brother-in-law did too.

Thanks for stopping by Judy.

Margie's Musings said...

It turns out my sister has stomach ulcers.

Betty said...

I'm sorry your sister has ulcers, on top of her other problems. You're really being kept busy these days. Hope you're getting enough rest.

Margie's Musings said...

I am Betty. Thanks for asking.