Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday

I began baking a blackberry pie this morning and my brother-in-law called to tell me my sister had been vomiting blood and also passing blood and the nursing home was taking her to the emergency room. They did x-rays but that showed nothing so later they are going to do a EGD in the morning. They will pass a tube down her throat to see what they can see.

While she's sleeping we left Denise there and I came home to finish baking my pie. Bob went home to clean up a mess he left in the kitchen. I took the pie out after five minutes of baking. I hope it will be o.k.

Anyhow, I hope they can discover what is happening with her. I will go back up after lunch unless they learn something before then.

More later...

I had a nice lunch with my grandson and now will be going up to see Phyllis at the hospital again.

As the day progresses, Phyllis' dementia progresses too. All she can think about is that she wants to go home. Of course, she can't go home. They must find out what her problem is before they take her back to Windsor. It may be something quite serious. Her EGD test is tomorrow at 11:30.

The pie turned out pretty well. I took a couple of pieces to my brother-in-law.

No comments: