Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Election Tuesday

I will go vote after I take Slinky for his walk and then I will go to the hospital to see my sister. They may make a decision today about whether to do surgery on her ulcers. They are still bleeding. I don't know whether she can survive surgery in her weakened condition. I saw her yesterday and she was very pale.

I need to do some laundry and clean but will wait to see what the day brings first.

More later...

Phyllis' ulcers were better today. Her hemoglobin was up. They will move her into skilled nursing this afternoon. She is in better spirits this morning too and has even said she will go back to Windsor without any argument when the time comes. Afternoons are the worst though. They will move her after her lunch.

They didn't get her moved until 3:00 today and then she was in with a woman who had fallen and hurt herself and was all bruised up. They had her on Demerol so she was sleeping. She had lots of company through and Phyllis was not happy about that. They all soon left though and things smoothed out.

No comments: