Thursday, August 5, 2010

Welcome Rain!

Finally...we got some rain this morning to cool off our 103 degree weather. I was walking Slinky when it began and luckily I had taken an umbrella with me.

He got a little wet but the umbrella kept me dry.

It will be later when I go see Phyllis...after the rain lets up. I also want to go to the church and do some cleaning. My daughter has the cleaning this month so I will give her a hand.

Something is wrong with my back storm door. It won't close completely. It's like it is torqued or something. If it doesn't straighten itself out soon, I will call Bobby and see if he can figure out what's wrong with it.

More later...

I got the church cleaned thoroughly and came home for lunch. After lunch I went to the hospital to visit Phyllis. She was doing pretty well. I was hoping they would release her before Friday but it will probably be the first of the week now. At least I hope so. After ten days, my brother-in-law will have to pay for the room at Windsor if they save it for her.

I came home and mowed. I mowed high because of the heat. I'll trim tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got some rain. We are supposed to get it here this afternoon and we need it so bad. The heat index was 113 yesterday. All my flowers are drying up from the heat. I bet Slinky enjoyed the rain.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, he did. I had missed his walk yesterday because I went out of town very early and he was absolutely delighted that I took him this morning. What a dog!

Margie's Musings said...

It rained today and cooled down a lot.