Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Funeral Today

Today, I will attend a Celebration of Life for a woman who used to attend our church. She was a lifelong member. She and her husband, who was the pastor when Independence had their own congregation, stopped coming when we moved into our new building ten years ago. They began attending a pentecostal type church in Independence. I tried to stay in touch with her but they were not interested.

I finally had to institute silence proceedings against him because he used his license from our church to preach for money at the new church. That is against our church law. We are a self sustaining ministry. After he lost his license, he withdrew formally from the church. She remained a member in name only.

Anyhow, she died this week of a disease similar to that of two other members, one who died last summer in Vinita, Oklahoma. It is a cancer of the blood...a myleo type disease. She was 71.

I will be attending her service at 1:00 this afternoon. So sad...

I have no other plans for today.

Well, I went to the services. They were different alright. Mostly, they were all about her husband. He's a kind of egomaniac. They showed a lot of nice video photos though. The crowd was huge though. She was popular.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about the lady who died. We had 40 degrees here today. Just maybe it is going to warm up a bit at least for a few days. I bet Slinky enjoyed getting outside! Not much going on with me lately. Just waiting on spring.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Judy! Slinky loved yesterday. He stayed out until almost 4:00.