Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Morning

It's Sunday again and once again we seem to have missed the snow. (or the snow missed us). I hope it remains that way.

I just watched TV last night until 8:30 when I went to bed. There simply isn't anything on TV anymore. It's all either violent or silliness. The really funny comedy went out several years ago when Seinfeld retired. That was the last of the funny comedy.

Hopefully after church we will eat out together today. That's always a good time for fellowship after church.

I will get my letters done this afternoon and then just watch TV tonight. At least 60 Minutes is on Sunday evenings...although it's not the program it used to be either. Monday and Tuesday evenings are the best programming around here. I have a time staying awake after 8:00 anymore though. I get up once in the night to let Slinky out and then get up at 5:00 every morning.

We had an extremely small congregation due to the very cold weather and weather report. However, the service was good and eight of us ate out at Sirloin Stockade afterward. When I got home, I did get my letters ready to go and will get them out on the mailbox in a little while.

It is nearly 3:00 now and I will go look into what's on TV shortly. I think nothing until 6:00.

Slinky was outside today in 20 degree weather. He absolutely refused to go into the garage but was willing to go outside so it was outside he went for four hours. I hope he learned his lesson. What with the hot water tank and the light bulb out there, it would have been nearly 40 degrees in the garage. Oh well!! You can't make him do anything he refuses to do. If you try to force him he acts like he would take your arm off. So, cold or not, it's his choice.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

We are having such cold weather...it was below 0 this morning again. I don't know which is worse...snow or cold.
It sounds like you have a good group of friends to go out to eat with. We do the same after Church, if we don't go on Sat. night.Have a nice evening...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. My friends have been real lifesavers this winter. Have a good day!