Monday, January 17, 2011

A Morning Hassle

Well, this morning started off as a hassle. By Thursday the weather is supposed to get really cold again...down in single digits. I went to the garage this morning to try to find my curling iron and found that the light bulb that I keep on the hot water line coming out of the tank, was out. I found a new one and put it in. It didn't work either. So I figured it had to be the plug. I brought the light in the house and tried it in the kitchen and sure enough..it worked. After fumbling around in the dark for awhile, I found the flashlight and checked out another plug in. When I tried it, it worked. But the clamp on light would not reach the tank. I found the extension cord and worked to get it off the leaf blower. Bob had somehow worked it around and through the small hook on the blower and attached it to the leaf blower that way. After ten or fifteen minutes, I managed to get it off and plug it in that nearby receptacle. Then I wound up all that heavy duty cord and clamped the light back on the tank where there is a chance it will prevent the water from freezing. All in all...a hassle at 5:30 AM.

Now I've had my five teaspoons of oatmeal and my one cup of coffee and am trying to get my blood pressure back down.

In a little while, I will get dressed and put my face on and then make the chili for the Martin Luther King service being held at 10:00. Following the service, we are serving soup and chili at noon. I need to leave at 9:30 since the service begins at 10:00. I am hoping it will be warm enough by then to put Slinky outside. Otherwise, he will have to spend the morning in the garage again. He hates the garage.

The forecast has changed. We missed the forecast rain yesterday. It is supposed to be in the high 30's on Tuesday and Wednesday when Marilyn and I hope to go to Tulsa for the Minister's Week meetings. If it is, Slinky can spend the day outside. I will be back in the late afternoon each day.

After this service and the lunch is over, my day is free. I will have missed the opportunity to go with my daughter to Tulsa to shop. She invited me too late. I had already committed myself to this service.

No comments: