Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday

Today is questionable. I don't know whether to go on to Independence for the Independence Ministerial Association meeting or not. The roads appear clear. I could use a few groceries and their Wal Mart is nearer then ours while I am in Independence.

I probably will go but will make that decision closer to 11:00.

The animals slept pretty well last night. Slinky got me up at 4:00 to let him out. Then he wanted to be fed. I got up the second time to bawl him out and tell him to go back to sleep. He did that until 5:00 then he started barking again. So, since I usually get up at 5:00 anyhow, I got up and fed him and Missy. I still haven't fed Inky. I will probably do that pretty quickly. According to the computer, it's 5 degrees out there. It's the coldest day yet.

The water line in my frig did not freeze up thanks to the heat lamp in the garage on the top of the tank. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

More later...

Judy called a little bit ago and invited me to go to the soup luncheon at the Presbyterian Church. That settled it! I would much rather stay here in town then go to Independence today even though I will be going tomorrow to take Juanita to breakfast and have my hair done. Ten minutes later, Cyndi called to invite me to go to Bartlesville with her. I had already accepted Judy's invitation so I took a raincheck with Cyndi. I would have to leave Slinky in the garage all afternoon anyhow so maybe it's just as well. I really enjoy Judy's company too.

I may have made a mistake. Slinky longs for the floor in front of the barrier in the dining room. I never let him come any further then the kitchen and have a barrier set up to prevent him from coming further. It is 5 degrees outside today at 11:30 and he simply cannot go out there to lie in the sun at age 13, so I have brought his little rug into the dining room in the sunshine of the south windows and let him lay there as long as he doesn't get off the rug. So far...so good! He is lying in the dining room on his own rug soaking up the sunshine. In a little bit, when Judy comes at noon, I will have to put him in the cold garage for a couple of hours. He won't be happy about that. But such is the life of an old dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a softie! I am glad Slinky got to enjoy the sun for a while. Sounds like you are keeping busy. I am like Slinky trying to keep warm. I seem to be always freezing no matter what I put the temperature on in my house. We are having windchills below zero here.Guess that might have something to do with it!

Margie's Musings said...

I'm sure it does, Judy.

Yes, Slinky is spoiled rotten, poor dog!