Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Another Tuesday

It's Tuesday again and I will work until 11:45 again today. Tonight I am to give the invocation at the City Commission meeting down at City Hall. The disagreeable city councilman resigned after the election because no one was elected who shared his views. So the meeting should be a lot more productive.

There was not much on TV last night but I did run onto an interesting story on American Experience about the struggle the GLBT community has had to receive their human rights. It's a tragedy but they have been through the same struggles as the black community went through in the 60's just trying to get their human rights in this country. This story took place in California. I had never seen it before.

It appears the rain may have gone. It was supposed to have rained today and tomorrow too but it may have cleared up. That would break my heart. I am so tired of worrying about my car and hail. Yesterday I did receive the check from the insurance company for my new roof but I will wait to pay them until they are finished with the patio cover and swing. They may be back tomorrow.

More later....

When I got home from work, I had a bowl of chili and then went out to see Phyllis and Gerry. Phyllis was about the same. She had not eaten any lunch even though Denise had gone out to feed her as usual. Gerry was not feeling too good. She had lost her appetite. She still remains her old cheerful self though.

When I got home, I took Slinky out for a walk. He was delighted!

Around six o'clock I went to the city commission meeting and gave the invocation.

No comments: