Sunday, April 24, 2011

Nice Rainy Sunday

I got up fairly early today and decided to dress up a little for church since it was Easter. My daughter invited Bob A. and I for Easter dinner and she had a nice ham, potatoes, corn, tea and my dessert. It was a good meal and she sent some ham home with us. I left some dessert for them and also some for Bob A. She showed me around her yard. It was simply lovely. They have kidney shaped flowerbeds everywhere and it is just lovely! They are getting ready to plant a lot more too. They have several new trees and lots of more flowers.

The sermon at church was good but Bill had a cough so he had to stop now and then to drink some water and cough. That was too bad. We also had a small congregation today although with it being Easter you would have thought people would have come out. I guess the rain discouraged them.

I will do my letters now and get them out on the mailbox for the mailman to pick up.

Then tonight, I will go over to Tyro Christian Church to a special Easter pageant they are doing. I understand it has run all week and has been packed each night. They are an evangelical church and that is the type of church that is growing. They also have a band and that appeals to the youth. More power to them! Anything that works to get the youth in church has got to be good for Christianity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Glad you had a good Easter and the meal sounds great. It has rained here for days and days. We had tornado warnings all night Friday and flood warnings continuously since then. It's like the monsoon season or something.Hope you have a good week.

Margie's Musings said...

It's like a monsoon here too, Judy