Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Again

My how times flies! It's Sunday again and I was just sitting out on the patio with Slinky thinking about how fast time flies as we get older.

I decided to vacuum the rugs on the patio and got two of them done but could not get Slinky to move off the other two. Then I got the blower/vacuum and vacuumed off the patio with it. He did move and I got it cleaned as much as anyone can clean a patio that needs a coat of patio cement paint. After they get my patio roof re-roofed, (if they ever get back to it) I will wash it off, dry it good and re-paint it. But before I do that, I will re-paint the patio roof framework. Then the patio should look real good. If I ever get all the repairs done on my house, I will feel real good about it.

I still have to plant the new flowerbed, trim the back yard, trim my neighbor's shrubbery away from the fence, and eventually paint my fence. So much to do and so little time. Well, maybe that will keep me alive. I have too much to do to die. :)

Bob A. will be by at 9:00 to pick me up for church. Leslie and Cyndi went to Kansas City for a weekend of shopping so they won't be there. I'll be surprised if Jeff and John come to church. Karan is speaking so it should be good.

Afterward several of us will go eat somewhere.

Then this afternoon, I want to get my flowers and mulch that flowerbed. It's supposed to rain again either this afternoon or tonight. I need to mow again too. I hope it passes us by.

I have to do my letters and since I am having the Living the Questions group tonight, I will also make brownies for the dessert. I will put vanilla ice cream on top of the brownie. That should do it.

More later...

It's 4:15 and I have the brownies made and the lawn mowed and the flowers planted. I don't have the letters done so that is my next project.

Five of us went to Sirloin Stockade at lunch today. My son-in-law didn't come. he went to Independence. Leslie was out of town with Cyndi.

We had a good time anyhow.
I'm all ready for the group tonight.

Ah ha! I got the flowers mulched and the letters done and out on the mailbox. Now all I need to do is trim. That can wait. I need to rest!

No comments: