Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday Workday

I'll work today after all. My brother-in-law attended his doctor's appointment yesterday after he discovered he had told me the wrong day. He talked to me last evening and evidently everything is o.k. except he has been coughing up mucus lately and the doctor wanted a CT scan of his chest. The x-ray the doctor took at his office showed nothing at all wrong. He will know the results of the CT soon.

Today should be rather quiet. I hope to have filing to do at work. There was very little yesterday so I spent most of the morning making labels for old folders. That's busy work but that's o.k. It is work. I can't bear to be idle. I had enough of that at the Senior Services office.

Slinky spent the night in the kitchen and only woke me up once to go out. Missy spent most of the night on my bed cuddled up against my knees. She must have been warm there.

I do need to get dog food today. I need some other things from the market too but I'd like to wait until the first of the week to get them. That way I just go out to Wal Mart once before Thanksgiving. I will need to get potatoes, an onion, the fruit for the fruit salad and some containers for leftovers. I gave the ones I had to the Living the Questions group last Sunday evening so they could divide up Jack's bread pudding. I need a few more non Thanksgiving things too. I will need to put the turkey down in the frig on Monday afternoon so it will thaw.

Both boys called last night. I had sent them word of Doctor Eslicker's diagnosis and They were evidently concerned that another of their parents had cancer. I had to reassure them that basal cell carcinoma is not much of a threat.

I got paid from SER National today. That's good. What I have left has to last me until the 14th of December when my social security comes in next.

More later...

1 comment:

Betty said...

I hate going to Walmart, but sometimes it's just necessary. It always takes a while to get over the experience, though.