Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Some Christmas Photos

Maia is my second little great granddaughter. She calls me gigi for "great grandmother". My daughter, Leslie is her grandmother. I am putting some of my Christmas photos up here. I took fifteen but some were too dark to publish so these are just the cutest ones. My first little great grandchild, Sage, lives in Manhattan, Kansas with her mother.

This child is Maia Skye Brooks, my grandson, Jeromy's daughter with Marlene.

The top photo is my daughter, Leslie, showing Maia the child sized Santa she made for decoration.

The second photo is Leslie showing Maia her Christmas gift from Marlene and Jeromy...a huge electric griddle.

The third photos is Maia opening one of her gifts.

The fourth photo is Maia showing me the gift I bought for her...a tiny stuffed puppy.

I have two greats in Texas and one in Missouri too. Maia's mom is having a sister for her in Febuary. Sara, my granddaughter in Texas, called Christmas Day and her sister, Christina, tried to call me while I was out at Leslie's for Christmas dinner on Christmas Day. She is in Kuwait. I didn't hear from Ashley or Jerod, the other two.

Leslie fixed a wonderful meatless dinner for Christmas. My grandson, Jeromy, his wife, Marlene, and Maia are all vegetarians. She fixed ham for the rest of us. Everything was very tasty. She spent all morning cooking those exotic dishes and I washed dishes for her all while she cooked. She made some bread that had spinich in it that was really wonderful! Everything went off like clockwork. We all had a wonderful time.

I washed Slinky's bedding yesterday. You have to remove the cover, turn it wrong side out and wash it on the gentle cycle then hang it up to dry. It was beginning to get a little pungent. Shar Pei's sweat a lot and have body odor. It was dry at bedtime so I put it back together for him. He is really enjoying his cushioned bedding. It has that egg crate foam as the basis and a "fur" covered case for the foam. At least he is not able to tear this bedding up with his claws like he did the other two foam filled beds I had bought for him last winter.

Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Maia is just precious. Your meal sounds delicious as I love most vegetarian dishes. I hope you have a nice holiday weekend coming up. Happy New Year to one of my favorite bloggers.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Happy New year to you too, Balisha! I enjoy your blog so much!