Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No Work Tuesday

I do not work today. I have a lot of other stuff to do. At 9:30, I have a hair appointment. Then at 11:30, I have the doctor's appointment here. The doctor will not refill my prescription for thyroid unless I come in to see him. I had my blood work done before my other doctor gave up her practice to be the doctor at the Cherokee Clinic in Nowata, Oklahoma so that should be sufficient but this doctor wants his share of my Medicare coverage. I've got news for him. I'm healthy and I don't go to the doctor unless I'm sick. There's no place more filled with illness then a waiting room at the doctor's office unless it's a hospital. Anyhow, I'll give him one shot at me. I'm just aggravated enough to raise my blood pressure. He'll probably want to medicate me for that.

Then at 2:00 I have scheduled a class reunion planning meeting. I don't know how many will show up. It won't break my heart if no one does. I can use the down time. Tonight Bob A. and Phyllis F. and I will go to Cherryvale to have our church's Valentine dinner at Just Us. Now that I'm working more hours, I will not schedule so much in my weeks.

Since I had Slinky put asleep I have been sleeping like a baby. Last night at 4:00 Missy woke me up to go out. I left her out until 5:00 when I got out of bed. She has a litter box in the utility area of my kitchen. It was very cold outside but I wanted to try to teach her a lesson.

I told my supervisor yesterday that eventually I want to make Friday my regular day off. The first week of each month it will have to be Thursday because of Ministerial Alliance but otherwise I want Friday off to make a long weekend. Bob and I want to go to Silver Dollar City four times this year. We bought season tickets. Having a long weekend will keep us from missing church. I also will have Restoration Studies Symposium in April and John Whitmer Historical Association in September.

No comments: