Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tornado in Branson Missouri

I see by the early morning news that Branson, Missouri, had a tornado last night. One person was killed and several others were injured. The tornado hit the downtown area where the theatres are located and several were badly damaged. Many homes were also damaged and some were trapped in their homes. Electricity is out there today. They are searching the damage for survivors.

I plan to go to Silver Dollar City over the weekend of Friday April 13 and Saturday April 14. I have season tickets and want to go at least four times this year. I hope Silver Dollar City and Branson Landing were not damaged. I like to walk Branson Landing and look in the windows. There's also a couple of good restaurants there.

On another subject, I heard Romney won both Michigan and Arizona yesterday. I predict he will be the Republican candidate. Super Tuesday is next. He has a better chance than the others of winning over the president. The others are just too far out. But I predict the president will win.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

I just heard about a tornado in Harveyville Kansas...I had to check to see how far you are from it. Hope you get through this day without damage in your area.
Take care, Balisha

Betty said...

I think there was some damage on the Landing, but not as much as there was on Hwy 76.

Margie's Musings said...

I escaped with no damage. Just 15 miles north of us and to the east, Cherryvale, Kansas had golf ball sized hail and strong winds.

We had wind and rain but I slept through it all.