Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Morning

It's Wednesday morning and much has happened since I last wrote here on Saturday. Monday following morning devotions, I went home to do the graveside service for my sister. That went very well. Around forty people showed up to support my brother-in-law and his family. We will miss Phyllis but we have missed her for two years..since she got so bad we seldom saw "Phyllis" anymore. She is in a better place now and she is out of the misery of Alzheimer's Disease...that horrible destroyer of the person.

The services have been extraordinary here and the fellowship is rich. Last night we had homemade ice cream following the service. I presided over that service but the music director had changed it a couple of times and I didn't think it went as smoothly as it could have but the speaker did so well, that no one seemed to notice or care.

The morning class is also excellent. As usual I am really ready to go home to my own home and bed but I will wait until Thursday afternoon after the last Temple School to leave.

This afternoon has been exhausting. I had KP three times today and also had a disconcerting e-mail and phone call from a person that really upset me. I am helpless to do anything about it through so will just try to sleep tonight. I did remember to bring my sleeping pills and I may need them tonight. I still have the evening service to attend tonight. Tomorrow afternoon I will leave for home. I have a seven o'clock appointment on Friday in Independence.

No comments: