Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ah Sunday!

Today Bob will pick me up for church school and church at 9:00. I awoke last night to the sound of thunder and lightning at 2:15 and went to the bathroom. Afterward I lay there listening to the comforting sound of rain on the window. That was the first substantial rain in seven weeks. I measured it this morning in my gauge and there was two inches. That's not near enough but it's a start.

I got up the second time to let Missy into the house. She's frightened of thunder and lightning. She finally settled down as the sound receded. Then about thirty minutes later she scratched on the bed skirt of my bed and that's her signal that she wants out. So I got up the second time and put her out. It took me awhile to get back to sleep this time but I did sleep until 6:30. That's unusual because I usually get up at 5:00 AM.

I speak at church this morning. Afterward we will all go somewhere for dinner. I won't cook today. I put the chicken fried steaks down in the frig to thaw this morning. Those will be for tomorrow noon. This afternoon I will do my letters and tonight I will just stay home and watch TV.

After work tomorrow afternoon, I will bake my two cakes for the meal at Independence on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Hope you have a great Sunday, Margie! Thank you as always for your visits and comments and for the birthday wishes yesterday! Enjoy your week!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sylvia. I try to read your blog every day.