Monday, January 7, 2013

Back to Work

It's back to work today. I will go to the market this morning and get a few things for dinner at noon and cook lunch/dinner for Bob and me at 11:00. Then after that, I will go to work. I will do my scanning and filing today because I never finished it on Thursday. So I will have a bunch to do.

My Blue Cross/Blue Shield supplement insurance came out of my account today. What really gripes me is that I seldom use my medicare or my insurance and yet my premium jumped $20 a month in one year. That more then wiped out the $17 increase I got for my social security. That happened last time too. Every year it goes up and I could understand a dollar or two but $20 each year? That's too much...especially for someone that only goes to the doctor twice a year and then only so she can get her two prescriptions filled. I take a little thyroid and also a small blood pressure med. My blood pressure is not that big a deal but it isn't where the doctor thinks it should be.

Baloney!

The realtor showed my house on Saturday. It didn't sell although she said the showing went well. The client was looking for a larger house. Mine was at their low end. If the house sells (and she seems to think it will sell fairly easily---I will wait and see) I will give up my job. I will put the home equity in my money market account and supplement my social security with it.

I will be staying out at my daughter's until I can find an opening in the duplex I am interested in renting. I only work 16 hours a week and that trip would eat up my extra money with gasoline expense. I will have to store my furniture at that time. And unfortunately, I will have to leave Missy , my cat, with Leslie. I doubt any landlord will tolerate a cat although Missy isn't any problem.

No comments: