Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cake Tuesday Again

We've had a hiatus from taking cakes to Independence but our time finally came again. I will do that today and while I am there I will go to their Wal Mart store and pick up a few groceries I need. I will stop on the way to Independence and take all the sacks I've saved for Cyndi to the church. She is having a rummage sale there on the first Saturday in September and can use my sacks.

We will have leftover hamburger pie, coleslaw and green beans for lunch today. I have made some cupcakes too. That will be dessert.

Tonight I have library board meeting. I intend to resign from the library board. I asked not to be elected secretary and they elected me anyhow. I guess the only way to get out of the job is to just resign.

More later...

Judy's Hamburger Pie Recipe.

1 lb hamburger

1 small onion, chopped

1 small green pepper, chopped

1/2 t salt

Dash pepper

1/2 t minced garlic

1 t oregano

4 or 5 drops of hot pepper sauce (can use more if you like)

1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded ( or any kind you like)

1/2 c. Bisquick

1 c. milk

2 eggs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, brown the hamburger, onion, and green pepper with the salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and hot sauce. Drain the hamburger mixture. Spray a 10 inch pie dish and spread the hamburger mixture in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese over the hamburger. In a small bowl, mix the Bisquick,milk and eggs. Whisk together until smooth. Pour over the hamburger and cheese. Sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over the mixture. Bake for 25 minutes. (I use the packaged four cheese mixture and it turned out great.) Add a salad and you have a meal. I also fixed green beans separately with mine.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Maybe you could post your hamburger pie recipe...
What do they do with the cakes? I don't know if you ever told about them or not...
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

They serve about 200 people a free dinner every Tuesday evening and they use our cakes for desserts, Balisha.

I got my hamburger pie recipe from Judy's Blog. Do you read Judy's Blog?

clairz said...

I love that you posted this recipe, Margie. Your meals always sound so delicious.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Clair. I always "borrow" my recipes from someone or a cookbook.

I try to balance my meals with salad and veggies. Years ago, I worked in a school cafeteria in Bartlesville and they were sticklers for that. They were also voted second best food in the nation at the national convention. Second only to Arizona.