Saturday, August 17, 2013

Another Saturday

The week's fly by...another sign of old age,, I guess. Here it is Saturday again. I will go with Bob to breakfast at 7:00 or around that. I saw Cyndi and Jeff at the Countrytime Mall yesterday. I was bored so I went over there to look around. They were adding stuff to their booth. They are moving to Claremore in a month or so. They have sold their Willow Street house. They still have their Jefferson house. After they close on the Claremore house they will put the Jefferson house back on the market. I can't keep up with them. Last I heard they wanted to sell both houses so they could buy an RV and travel.

I don't know what I will do today. My left arm woke me up at 2:30 AM and I wasn't able to get back to sleep after that. I finally got up shortly before 4:00 AM. I am sitting here drinking some leftover coffee from yesterday morning.

I have been reading this book called "The Myth of Persecution" by Candita Moss. She is Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at the University of Notre Dame. The book proposes that the early church's widespread Christian persecution the church has taught for hundreds of years is based simply on myth. There was some persecution but nothing like the church fathers described. She makes a strong argument. She is certainly an expert on early Christianity. It's an interesting book.

No comments: