Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday Meeting Myra

Today I will meet Myra for lunch in Bartlesville. Bob has Lions Club early and an eye appointment in Caney at 9:00. Next week we will all three go to Branson again before it gets too cold to enjoy it. I hope the weather is nice.

Juanita called me last evening to thank me for her birthday card. She received it two days early. I wasn't sure how long it would take to reach her the way the mail is anymore. She needs to see Dr. Holland in Bartlesville to have her ears washed out again. Her stepson is in South Carolina visiting family and she will need someone to take her. I told her to get the appointment and I would take her. She is turning 92 on Friday.

I made my first car payment today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can stretch my budget that far. I will have to cut back on clothing. I have plenty anyhow. I bought quite a lot last year while I was working.

Speaking of working...I contacted Aime at SER yesterday to see if I could get back on at the District Courthouse. She will send me a new application. She will have to put me on a list because she has used all her slots right now. And, unfortunately, I will not be able to go back to the District Court. When an opening comes up, if it comes up, it will have to be somewhere else. I do need the money though. Keith's gifts pay the car payment but I still have to come up with money for the insurance and taxes. And I would like to pay an extra $100 to get it paid off before 5 years.

I dread getting into my savings because there isn't that much. But I love my car. And it's very low mileage. It will be reliable transportation for the rest of my life. I drove the other Civic for eleven years. But it had 171,000 miles on it and I was uneasy about taking it too far out of town by myself.

2 comments:

Betty said...

The way things are going, weatherwise, you may be able to enjoy Branson in your shirtsleeves until next year. The temperature here is hovering around 80 degrees for a high and in the 50s for lows. And, it doesn't look as though it will change much for the rest of the month.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true. I enjoy Branson o matter what though. Thanks for visiting Betty!