Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Rainy Tuesday

I went over last night to Bob's new apartment. The cleaning lady had been there but it wasn't as clean as I wanted it to be before he moves in tomorrow. So I worked on it an hour or so. Unfortunately I didn't sleep well again last night. I awoke at 3:00 and never really went back to sleep. I got up at 4:00 and made a pot of coffee and browned a biscuit. It rained last night and is supposed to rain all day today. We can pack but probably not be able to actually move much. Moving day is tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will be finished by then.

I will take the cakes to Independence at 9:00 this morning and then go look around at Goodys and Wal Mart until time to meet Leslie for lunch. We will meet if she can get away. That's always iffy.

When I get back home I will try to get the boxes I packed yesterday afternoon moved over and put away.

Tomorrow is exercise day and also moving day. Bobby has agreed to help us with the furniture with his low trailer. he is such a good person.

More later...

I worked at moving Bob's kitchen stuff almost all day. About 3:30 I came home to try to get a nap. I had not slept well last night. I think I got a small nap.

Bob's TV had been turned off during the night. So he came over and watched the news here this evening. But he was exhausted so after that, he went home to take a shower and went to bed. Dennis came after his work and helped Bob to move part of his furniture. Bob didn't sleep well at all last night. I think this move has worn him out and also worried him. By this time tomorrow though, he will be moved into his new apartment. We will have his curtains to hang but after that he should be all moved in.

In the morning, Bob will take his car to have the oil changed and be late to the exercise class. I will take my own car. Bobby and Karan will come afterward and we will get Bob all moved in.

My daughter, Leslie, will come after her work and hook up his TV, VCR and DVD player.

2 comments:

marlu said...

I really enjoy all our new electronics but do long for the days when we could "unplug" a tv, move it to another area and "replug." To move our tv, vcr and box from Cox, we had to hire two men to do the job! Glad to pay them but things aren't so simple anymore

Margie's Musings said...

My daughter used to manage our local cable office and she will get Bob's hooked up. She hooked up mine when I moved in March.

Thank God for tech people! :)