Sunday, December 29, 2013

Freezing Cold Sunday

It's only in the 20s here but it's a very wet cold temperature. I never seem to feel either the cold or the heat much but today is the exception to the rule. I have been chilly all day...actually bone chilled.

I went to church this morning and we had a very small congregation. People evidently did not want to get out in the cold. But we had a very good service. Sue did a good job on the sermon.

Afterward we all went to Hog Heaven, a Bar B Q place, for lunch.  I didn't have Bar B Q  because Bob and I had been to Dink's Bar B Q in Bartlesville on Friday and I still have half my brisket sandwich in the frig. I had their chicken fried steak sandwich instead. It was fine.

After that I came home and did my weekly congregational letters and got those with a hard copy out on the mailbox for the mailman to pick up tomorrow.

Then I sat down in the recliner with Missy  on my lap and took a nice nap.

I have ordered one of those 2 inch miracle foam mattress toppers for my bed. I am hoping that will help keep my arms from aching after lying on them all night. I simply cannot sleep on my back. The topper will be in around January 3rd according to the confirmation.

Tonight Bob will come over to watch 60 Minutes with me. Afterward there is another program he wants to watch too. We will each finish up with a small glass of wine that's left in the bottle too. Once we found a red wine we both like, he and I have become old winos in our old age. :) It is called Roscoto and it is sweet instead of dry.

Tomorrow we will finish up the ham and scalloped potato casserole I fixed Thursday.  We will have a veggie and a salad with it. I will fix some pudding for our dessert.  And we will have hot tea with it.

.

No comments: