Friday, January 3, 2014

Freezing Cold Day

It's 18 degrees here right now. It's supposed to rain and turn to snow tomorrow and snow on Sunday.  I am out of powder base for my makeup and I do not think the store in Independence would have it so Bob and I are going to Bartlesville so I can buy some. We may eat at McCalister's.  I'm in the mood for soup and half a sandwich. We can have the rest of our lasagna tomorrow. I already have the table set but it's not going anywhere.

I did some laundry this morning.  I changed my bed and washed my sheets. I was hoping my mattress topper would be in yesterday.  But when it finally comes, I'll just change my sheets again.

I slept very well last night. In fact I slept later then usual. The house was cool and the bed was warm, just the way I like it.   

Bob came over last night for an hour or two and we watched The Big Bang Theory. Then he went home and I took my bath and stayed up awhile. I worked on my sermon for Sunday after next before I went to bed. Then I went to bed shortly before 9:00.  I'm surprised I slept so well since I went to bed so early.

My older son called yesterday and we had a nice visit. He is really good about calling once a week or so and checking in.

Yesterday I cleaned my apartment really well and washed the kitchen and bathroom floor as well. Liebert Brothers fixed my sweeper well and it did a good job for an old antique. I dusted everything too. It fairly sparkles in here. I like to clean really well once a week. When you have a cat you know there's cat hair on the carpet. But Missy is worth it. She's a lot of company and she makes me laugh. Laughing is supposed to be very healthy for us. Between Missy and The Big Bang Theory, I keep laughing.  


4 comments:

Balisha said...

I haven't watched the Big Bang Theory before,but I did last night. Kind of a funny show...I may watch it again. Joe didn't care for it. I think it's the kind of show you have to watch for a while to really get into it.
Enjoy your day...we were 17 below when I woke up.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Wow, Balisha! That's very cold! I thought our 18 above was cold enough!

Betty said...

I enjoy the Big Bang Theory and The Millers, which comes on right afterward.

We're supposed to have rain, turning to snow tomorrow night and plunge into the deep freeze again for a few days. It's going to be a long, cold winter, I fear.

Margie's Musings said...

I believe you're correct, Betty. I have forecast a very hard winter again myself. We will see!