Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday and Exercises Again

I will go to exercise class at 9:00 but first I will drop by the hospital about 8:00 and see if Bob needs anything from his apartment.  I took him his overnight satchel with clean underwear and his pjs yesterday. If he should have to stay in the hospital an extra day (heaven forbid!) he will need  a clean t-shirt and more underwear. 

I got to bed last night about 10:00 and slept pretty well. I don't think I will go anywhere today because if Bob gets released, he will need me to take him home from the hospital. I also have his car and house key and his billfold.

I have a TV dinner in my freezer and I may eat that for lunch.

More later....

The doctor came in this morning while I was visiting Bob  and he had some bad news. Bob's heart rate is still jumping around. Last night it would go to 130 and then back down to the 30s. So the doctor said he could not go home until  he got it right. He wants it around 60 and he wants it to stay there and not jump around. .He said he would try to adjust the dosage until he got it right. If he couldn't get it to stabilize with medication, Bob will have to have a pacemaker. But that's a last resort. He cut the medicine back in half.  When I left there at noon time, it was holding at around 50. Not bad for Bob. He still had not had his ultrasound and the doctor wants to check out his blood work too.  So he will stay in the hospital another night. He was very disappointed of course.

I went on to exercise class and the class sent him a card. I took it back to him.

When I got back to him this after noon he was having his ultrasound test. Now perhaps the doctor will read it and let him go home today. If he has to stay yet another day he will really be disappointed. But unless his heart rate stayed steady and low all day and even all night  tonight, he will not get to go home.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Just checking in this morning. I hope that Bob gets to come home today, if that's the best for him. You are a true friend...Balisha

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I was checking on his progress along with Balisha it seems :)

Margie's Musings said...

See the update gals.