Monday, February 17, 2014

Exercise Monday

I slept pretty well last night. Of course I took two Aleve before I went to bed. I awoke at 1:15 or so and it took awhile for me to get back to sleep but I finally did and slept almost to 6:00. I feel better. My nose has been running but it's a clear drip. Spring in the air perhaps. It's 50 degrees at 7:30. It's supposed to be pretty warm today.

We will go to exercise class this morning and then I will come home and get ready to fix some swiss steak and potato cakes with a veggie and perhaps some leftover salad.  I will thaw out some more fruit for dessert.  I still have some of those "failed" peanut butter crisscrosses. I don't know what happened to them. I followed the recipe exactly although I did melt the oleo instead of just softening it.  That may have taken all the body out of them. They were flat as a pancake. They tasted alright but certainly were not the cookies I expected.

I need to do some cleaning this afternoon. I felt so wretched last week I didn't do any cleaning. I will clean the kitchen and bathroom floors and vacuum the carpet and dust today.  I probably ought to do some laundry too. I will be taking the cakes up to Independence tomorrow and getting my hair done while I'm there.  We froze this cakes the week before last when the snow cancelled the dinner.  So we will just take those up for Tuesday's dinner.

Wednesday evening I have the Pinch meeting.  It is election of officers. I will be stepping down from being the co-chair.

Thursday I am meeting Myra in Bartlesville for lunch and a visit. Bob will be on his own for lunch that day.

More later....

Everything changed today. My daughter called this morning and asked me to go to Owasso with her shopping.  I dropped everything and called Bob to tell him he was on his own for lunch.  She had the day off and I was happy to spend some time with her.  I bought two Euro pillows for my bed bolster covers (at $6.99 each) and a new purse. Bob said he made himself a hotdog with chili (very unhealthy) for his lunch.

Leslie and I met Cyndi and Jeff at Applebees for lunch. We had half a sandwich and a spinach salad.  It was very good.

Bob will come over this evening for TV and some wine. He bought a new bottle of the Roscotta we both like. .

No comments: