Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday Again

It's Saturday again. We will go up to Eggberts in about 45 minutes to have breakfast out. We've done that for a couple of years now.

I called the 511 number this morning (road conditions in Kansas) and learned that the bridge is still out east of Chetopa. That would mean a twenty mile detour north and another twenty mile detour south. I imagine if we go anywhere it will be back to Owasso to Olive Garden.

Bob came over last night to watch Brooks and Shields on PBS with me. There was nothing else to watch so he went home shortly after that and I took my bath and put my pjs on to just try to stay up until 9:00 PM. I didn't sleep all that well but was able to get back to sleep until 4:45. I usually get up at 5:00.

More later....   

We had our breakfast and decided not to go anywhere. We neither one wanted to spend any more  money. Again I don't get my deposit until the second Wednesday, which is the 12th. My rent is due the first and my Blue Cross Blue Shield comes out automatically about the 5th or 6th.  So I will have to transfer some funds from my meager savings anyhow.

I have been raking and bagging leaves. The ground to the east of my apartment is covered two feet deep with leaves. I've worked about an hour and have five or six big bags ready but I probably have about ten more to do. Merrill will not be able to mow when the time comes with all those leaves on the ground.  His dad used to mow them for us but Merrill didn't do that this year. His dad is 93 so he really should be doing all that anymore.

More later....after I rest, I may start again.  Maybe I will after lunch when it warms up some . It's kind of chilly out there now since it's only 9:45 AM.

I did go back out and rake some more and bag another eight bags for a total of 14. Then I ran out of bags. I later walked over to the Dollar General store and bought another box of 30.  Maybe I can get it finished  tomorrow afternoon while it's still nice. I believe another eight bags should get them all bagged.  What a mess!

Bob and I walked over to Brahms at 5:00 and bought an ice cream cone for our "dinner". That was sure good!. 


No comments: