Friday, March 21, 2014

Nice Friday

It's been a nice day. It's a little windy. I did not sleep last night. I went to bed at 10:00 and awoke at 2:00. From then on I just lay there and worried about everything.  I am so afraid they are about to raise the rent on all of us and we are all very concerned about that.

I did go to my dental appointment today and had my teeth cleaned and examined. That cost $112.00 That's $112.00 that's not in my budget. Ho Hum! What else is new?

I made the last 48 minutes of the exercise class and then we all went to Utopia for coffee and cinnamon rolls. I came home and started lunch. We had swiss steak and baked potatoes and veggies and coleslaw with lemon pudding for dessert.

I spent some time this afternoon raking leaves again. I also went out to Woodshed at South Coffeyville and bought a tank of gas. It was $3.39 a gallon. That's better then here in Coffeyville where it's $3.69 a gallon.

I also sent back the Kindle Fire tablet I had ordered before all this came up.  It was a good deal at $40.00 down and then $28.00 a month for four months. No interest at all.  I decided  I needed the money more then I needed a tablet. Lord only knows how much the new owner will raise the rent

Tonight I will watch PBS for the Brooks and Shields commentary. I am changing my TV to the "Starter Package" on the first. That's $28.00 a month for 16 channels.  When my landlord picked up the cost, we had the TV Essential package.  It was $67.99 and he paid for 50 channels of TV for all four of us.  The next step with the new owners will be a raise in the rent.

When I moved in here I bought all Roman shades for each window. I bought a very nice bamboo shade for the living room and den. I also brought my own stove, frig and over-the-range microwave unit. If I have to move again, I will take all of those things with me.  I also had John install a cabinet in the bathroom and a mounted on the wall hair dryer. He built me an above the ground flowerbed.  I will also take those.

Bob will come ever this evening to watch some TV with me. The Big Bang Theory was pre-empted last night by basketball. I care nothing at all about basketball.

The paper will be here shortly. It's not much but it's the only local news we get. .

No comments: