Friday, March 28, 2014

Reteat Thursday

I leave for the retreat this morning around !0:00. Leslie will pick me up after she picks up Karan.  I hope I have a good time. I almost backed out. I have so much to do about staffing the camp.  I still do not have a teacher for the 3 and 4 year old children, a music leader or someone to do morning devotions. I have asked half a dozen people to teach that class and everyone wants to come to the camp but no one wants to teach or even take responsibility for anything else. I am taking my camp notebook to the retreat in hopes of recruiting someone to do one of the three jobs I have left to staff. . 

Next year I will volunteer again to do the morning devotions if I go. I know how it feels to try to staff a camp.

Yesterday the wind blew incessantly. It was terrible. Bob and I went to Independence to eat lunch at Great China.  They had been closed for a month to go back to China and visit relatives. It's the best Chinese food around.

Afterward, I came home and got an afghan and sat in the recliner with the TV on. In a little while Missy Kitty climbed up in my lap and then soon we were both asleep.  I hope to get some rest today at the camp. I awoke at 3:15 and really never got back to sleep. I had too much on my mind. I should have got up and taken some melatonin but I didn't. It was too late in the morning to do that.

I came into the kitchen about 5:00 after I got my makeup on, dressed and finished packing.  I gave Missy her treats and filled her little bowl with food.  Then I made coffee and some oatmeal for myself.  I put a Kenny Rogers CD in the Bose and watched the weather forecast on TV (on mute).  This early morning time is the best time of the day. It's just Missy and me.

I have an appointment April 2 with Dr. Burch, my optometrist. He is going to do a visual field test on my right eye. My eyelid is drooping badly enough that it interferes somewhat with my vision. I see a shadow of it to the right of my upper visual field.  If the test comes out showing that, I will have another eyelid surgery in early May sometime. This time I will go to a doctor Shagets in Joplin. I was not happy with that Wichita doctor who said I should give up my contacts.  I see much better with my contacts then with my glasses.  So that's nonsense.

I will not be posting again until I get home on Sunday sometime. So, all readers, have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Have a good time, Margie....
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha! I hope to do just that!