Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Again

I slept like a log last night and didn't wake up even once! I admit I took two Aleve before bedtime. That probably helped a lot. I went to bed around 9:00. I was awfully tired. Missy slept through the night too. At least she didn't disturb me.

It's supposed to be sunny and 80 degrees today. I may even get my flowerbed planted. Or we may finish washing the windows here at the fourplex if it's not windy.  We are supposed to have rain tomorrow with a good chance of storms. And tomorrow it's supposed to be very windy. This is Kansas and anything is possible.

We will have exercise class today at 9:00. I had my beans soaking overnight and this morning I drained them and put clean water on them and have them cooking in the slow cooker with onions and salt. I will add the ham later..Then I will also fix some cornbread. We will have hot tea with it. If we have leftovers, and I'm sure we will, I may take some to Bobby and Karan. We will have them again ourselves on Monday. I only fixed a half a pound so I won't have a lot left after that. We will have pudding for dessert.

If and when I get my flowerbed planted, I will post a photo of it.

Tomorrow is the Lion's Club pancake breakfast. Bob is a Lion and will be working it and I will eat breakfast there. 

Scott should be back in Hawaii by now. He left Savannah on Wednesday. I hope he calls today sometime.

Keith will be leaving for Italy soon. I think he leaves Monday. He will be gone 28 days.

I speak at church on Sunday. I think I am prepared.  

More later... 

I took some beans to Bobby and some to Bob for Monday. He is having a tooth extracted on Monday morning.  

Then after lunch I went to the bank and arranged to open another  account in a different bank so I can eventually change my bank. Bank of America here and in Independence have been sold and  I wanted to use that opportunity to change banks to a local one. I called Social Security and Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Prudential and got the bank changed that they will be withdrawing from to the new bank and account.

Then I went out to the nursery and bought plants for the front of my apartment building and planted my flower boxes on the front of the apartment.  I still need to get plants for the large flower box on the east of the apartment. I will do that the next nice day when the wind is not blowing.

I crammed too much into this day. I am really tired this evening.


4 comments:

Balisha said...

Sounds like a busy time in Kansas. I made bean soup yesterday...for today. We ended up eating some yesterday...Joe loves it. Have a good day...maybe in the garden.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

It was very busy today. I spent the day busy, busy, busy.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It will sure be smelling good in your kitchen with the beans you are cooking! Am looking forward to seeing pictures of your garden.

I went to Home Depot today. Bought more bags of potting soil and a new Kimberly Queen Fern, Mandevilla, and a calabrachoa, and some other small annuals for planters.

I need to get as much done with my flowers and plants as I can today and tomorrow. Next week I'm having two wisdom teeth pulled because I broke off part of one of them on Easter, and it is painful. Thank goodness I'll be sedated for that, but I don't know when I will feel up to working in the yard again after all of that. I don't want to wait until it gets too hot. So I wore myself out working outside today. Tomorrow, I hope to get a lot more done, if my knee isn't too painful from today. I need to get my herbs planted and two elephant ear bulbs. We are supposed to have several days of rain and some thunderstorms starting Sunday.

You made me so hungry for beans. Enjoy yours!

Margie's Musings said...

Susie, you sound very active! You plan to get so much done!