Monday, May 12, 2014

Rainy Monday

Leslie had made reservations at a nice restaurant for lunch after church yesterday.  I got cards from her as well as the plant I posted online earlier. Keith and Esther sent a lovely card and a check. Scott called and we had a nice visit. He had had a date last night with a very nice woman. And he was in a very good mood. My kids are great kids!

Today has been quite a day.  This morning we went to exercise class. Afterward I came home and tried to log onto my new checking account. I think I mentioned that our three local area Bank of America banks were sold and so I changed banks to a local one. I spent an hour and a half trying to get my online banking set up. That was a very easy  task at Bank of America but this new bank's site is altogether.different. To begin with, their site was overpowered with people trying to do the same thing I was doing and so I couldn't get registered.

After lunch, I finally managed to get it done. But I had to go to the newer computer in the den. My laptop must be too old and obsolete. I scheduled my car payment this afternoon and had already scheduled the electric bill. Online banking is free but if I use more then six checks, they charge. I will pay everything possible online. I usually pay the rent, my offerings and the car payment by check but I am changing that.

Bob and I are planning to go to Branson on Friday and Saturday. We have those Silver Dollar season tickets to use. We will come back home Saturday afternoon late. (Missy will be angry!) She hates it when I go off and leave her overnight.

I fixed the leftover meatloaf, baked potato, veggies and salad.  Then for dessert I had some frozen strawberries and Bob brought some whipped cream for them.I still had half the meatloaf so I sent it home with Bobby. He said he would eat it tomorrow.  I don't have to throw away any leftovers anymore. Bobby is glad to get them.  Karan is on a Nutrasystem diet.

I baked my cake for the Christian Church this afternoon and got it iced. Phyllis brought me hers and Bobby brought Karan's over.  Bob's is out of the oven and he is icing it now.  I have the others in the trunk of my car now.

I have been reading my book (on my Kindle) again this afternoon. Now I have the CBS news on and Bob will be over in about 20 minutes for our wine.


2 comments:

Balisha said...

We had leftover meatloaf and baked potatoes too. I love a good meatloaf....almost like it left over more than when it's first made.
Have a nice evening....I'm going to call you the "Cake Lady."

Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

There are 8 of us, Balisha, that bake cakes for that project.