Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday Again and Packing for Branson

I tried to get the cell phone working again this morning but it just won't work. I will have to go over to US Cellular when they open and have it checked out. It may need a new battery this time for sure.

Nope! I simply did not hit the power button. I was  hitting the wrong one. Stupid me!

Later on today I will pack for the trip to Branson. I will not cook today. Bob and I have a couple of coupons for Arby's and we will eat lunch there.

Greg got Bob's small mower working so we have an option now rather then just waiting for the fourplex  owner or the property  manager to decide whether or not she will have it mowed. They want to just mow every two weeks and that is ridiculous. Every time we ask for anything...the filters in the furnace to be changed or the air conditioners to be serviced for the season,..... the property manager threatens us with another rent increase. They don't seem to realize that with owning property, there is a certain amount of responsibility for upkeep. A couple of weeks ago, Marilyn's sink almost overflowed because of a clogged drain. She worked on it herself with a plunger and two bottles of Plumber's Friend for several days and finally had to ask for a plumber. She waited another couple of days but no plumber ever came. She bought another two bottles of Plumber's Friend and finally got it unstopped herself.   How disgusting! How we all miss Wayne! He took care of this property.

Bob came over this morning when he didn't see my lights early. I slept in till 6:00 and was just fixing myself a biscuit when he came in.  He talked to me about waiting to fix Greg's peanut clusters until Monday or Tuesday after we're back. Greg is closed on Fridays and the weekend anyway.  

My daughter called last evening to say Maia, her granddaughter  and my "great" is graduating from preschool this evening and the they are having an exercise at Tyro, a small town ten miles west of here where she attends a Christian school.  I will go. I attended her Christmas program at Christmas time.

More later...


No comments: