Sunday, July 20, 2014

Another Sunday

Here it is Sunday again.  The weeks just roll by.

Yesterday afternoon I had Marilyn on my mind and so I went by to visit with her briefly.  She lost Jack last Saturday. He had been in the nursing home for several months and she had gone every day to eat lunch with him.  It was a blessing that he went. He could no longer even hold his head up. What a pity. He had been a lawyer, a Brigadier General in the Air Force Reserves, a pilot,  a judge, and finally, a senior judge. He was also a member of our Sunday evening study group until he got too bad to even navigate. He will be sorely missed.

I plan to have the Living the Questions group next Sunday evening at 7:00. Marilyn says she will come. Mona wanted to get back to it too. She has been in Egypt for a  couple of weeks...perhaps even a month. Karan will be gone to visit Gretchen but she wanted us to go ahead and have it. Bobby will be here by himself. Joyce and Keith will come and Becky may come too. So there would be eight of us if Mona and Richard bring their son.  We have five Methodists, three Community of Christ members, a Presbyterian, an agnostic and a Muslim. That's plenty for a small group.

Today I will go to church and afterward to lunch with the church group. After that I will come home and do my letters. Otherwise I have no plans for Sunday.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment for my swollen left ankle.

Tuesday I will need to take cakes to Independence to the First Christian Church there for their dinner Tuesday evening.  On Wednesday Bob and I will go to Kansas City on a bus trip to the dinner theater. Sometime next week someone will call me for a job interview. Aime e-mailed me last evening that I have been accepted back into the SER program.  Otherwise next week is clear.
  

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

so sorry about your friend, Margie :(

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Deb. He was a wonderful person and so is his wife, Marilyn.