Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursday Decision Day

I will have to make a decision today about the job. Aime and  I have heard nothing from the college and so far, I have heard nothing from Safehouse. I may have to take the museum job. ...strange hours or not.

We had a good time at the dinner theater yesterday. We sat with Bobby's brother and sister-in-law and had  a nice visit with them.

When we got back home we found the city had had a big thunderstorm with lots of wind.  The yard was a mess. I raked and bagged the leaves and debris off the center lawn and blew off the drive with my blower and came in utterly exhausted. But the center yard looks much better. I will try to get my east back yard raked and bagged today.  What a mess! We had left the windows cracked on Bob's car and the floor mat on his side was wet. He has it drying out on his yard chair now. He has needed to clean the floor mats anyhow and now he will have to get that done.

More later...

I got the east back yard cleaned up this morning and it looks much better.  I also went to the market and spent $82.00 on groceries. Food has really become expensive. I didn't buy any meat and look what I spent!

I fixed hamburgers and homemade french fries for lunch today. They were good. I didn't make a dessert.

I have looked everywhere for a chicken casserole that had salsa in it. I fixed it once and Bob really liked it.  Now I cannot find it again. I suppose it could be in my recipe box. I'll look.

More later....

Aime wants me to wait until Monday to make a decision about the job. Safehouse has to check with Pittsburg about what they need someone to do for them. I don't intend to put myself between an angry abusive husband and his hidden away wife for minimum wage...that's for sure. I called Wendy at the museum and explained that to her. I may have to take the museum job even if the hours are whacky.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Hope you hear from the job that you really want. Have a good day,
Balisha

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

hope that you hear back in time!


Margie's Musings said...

Me too, gals. The Safehouse job has to go through the Pittsburg office so Aime wants me to wait until Monday to make the decision.