Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Very Hot Saturday

It's supposed to get to 100 degrees today! And with our humidity, that is a lot of heat! Bob and I will go to breakfast and then maybe just stay in. We had talked about driving down to Owasso and eating lunch at the Olive Garden there but it may just be too hot to do that. We will see.

I just called him. It's nearly 6:00 and I didn't see any light over there. He was in the bathroom shaving and had his music on but no lights yet. We check on one another if we don't see lights in our apartments by 6:00. Both he and I are early risers.

We ate lunch out yesterday. By the time the cable man left I didn't have time to fix lunch. We went to Eggbert's and had their small chicken fried steak. Mine was good though Bob's had some gristle. But that meant we had eaten out Tuesday (at Big Cheese) and yesterday at Eggbert's and we will be eating out with the church group tomorrow noon after church.  That's a lot of meals out for our budgets. So we may just stay home. Bob is planning to fix a large salad for our lunch today.

I am finding other things to do with my free time besides watch TV. I have found some games on my desktop computer and I have also been back to reading my Kindle more.  I also got some laundry done yesterday. The cable guy yesterday took a lot of time.  And, of yes, I spent an entire morning yesterday changing all three of my accounts to the new checking account. Prudential and Blue Cross/Blue Shield were pretty easy but Social Security was a pain.  After spending 25 minutes on hold waiting for service, the guy I finally got told me there was a new regulation and in order to change to a new account number, I had to tell them the old account number. Of course, I had taken the old checks and everything connected to that account including the debit card to the bank to have them shredded. So I had to hang up and call the bank for that information.Then I had to place the call again. This time I just left a "call back" for them. After about 27 minutes, they called me back and the new guy was very helpful. What a mess!

More later...

Bob brought over a large salad and bread sticks for lunch. I had made some banana pudding for dessert. It was all good and in summer with 100 degrees, a salad is good.

1 comment:

Balisha said...

I can always eat a salad. Joe needs something more substantial.
Balisha