Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday and Breakfast Out

Bob and I will be eating breakfast this morning at 7:00 at Eggberts. We do that every Saturday morning. He will be attending his family reunion today at noon so I will probably get my cleaning done since I will not be fixing lunch. I am thawing chicken tenders in the frig for Monday's lunch. Denise and Dee are planning to attend the family reunion too. That should be good for Denise. She is struggling with her loss of Terry.

I slept fairly well last night. I did wake up at 3:00 AM and had a hard time getting back to sleep but I finally did. I got up at my usual 5:00 AM.

I need to vacuum and dust today and wash the floors in the kitchen and bathroom.  My skin crawls every time I think of all those night crawlers (earthworms) in the apartment yesterday morning after all that rain. Yuk! There was quite a bit of flooding around the area. My neighbors to the west had water standing a foot deep in their back yards.  We are a bit higher...thank goodness.

It's chilly today..in the 50's. Fall has definitely arrived.

I am doing laundry again. I have a load of towels and underwear in the laundry this morning.

More later....

We went to breakfast and when I got home I cleaned the apartment. ...very thoroughly. I'm going to go out to Wal Mart and see what kind of carpet cleaner they might have that you can sprinkle on the carpet, leave awhile, and then vacuum up. Years ago, I had something like that but I don't know if they even make it anymore. I want to get rid of any trace of those night crawler earthworms I had on my floors day before yesterday.

Bob just popped in to tell me he was leaving for Independence and his family reunion.  He's gone now.

More much later....

Bob was gone all afternoon. I baked peanut butter cookies.   They didn't turn out as well as last time. But they're certainly edible.

Later Bob came over for wine and conversation. He told me about his family reunion experience.  About 30 came.

When he went home, I took my bath, sat in the recliner with Missy in my lap and read my book.  I went to bed about 9:30 and was sleeping soundly until 2:00 when Scott texted me. He had watched a Netflix program and wanted to share information about it with me. He evidently forgot about the six hour difference in Kansas and Hawaii. After the 11th dinging and vibration on my phone, I got up and e-mailed him and explained to him that I cannot receive Netflix. My TV is broken and the only way I can even receive TV is with the box Cox brought out. The TV was purchased in 1992 so I got my money's worth out of it.

Bless his heart, at least he thinks about me. :)

No comments: