Thursday, December 25, 2014

Thursday Christmas Day

Well, today is Christmas and I didn't sleep too well. I was thinking about the dinner today...hoping everything goes well.  I awoke at 3:00 AM thinking about the code to my router for the new phone. Finally I got up and found it. After I typed it on a card with my other passwords, I went back to bed.  I awoke at 5:30 and got up this time and dressed and made up my face and came into the kitchen to feed Missy her treats and some fresh food. Then I fixed myself a bowl of oatmeal and ate it before I forgot.   Twice this past week I have forgotten to eat breakfast. I get busy and it just slips my mind.

I am sitting here listening to Christmas music on the TV. They have a lot of different kinds of music to listen to and this is Sounds of the Season.  Saturday I will take down the tree and put away all the decorations.

I think I will get the new smart phone and see if I can figure it out.  Technology is not my long suite.

More later...

Dinner went off like clockwork. Everything turned out well. Leslie tried, but couldn't manage to get my auxiliary speakers working. I think the transmitter blew. The speakers light up but just aren't receiving a signal from the transmitter.

I sent some leftovers  home with Leslie. I cleaned up the kitchen. Leslie helped me before they left. They had barely got out of town and she got a crisis call.  Such it is when you're "on call".

Leslie left me a lot of fudge and other goodies. I will eventually eat it all. 

Bob is sitting on my couch sound asleep. :)

I will stop by US Cellular in the morning and see if I can get them to program my phone and also  turn it on of course.  They will have to deactivate the other phone.

I have to work tomorrow afternoon. I will work an extra hour. If I don't make up some of that time I missed, (Christmas and New Year's days) I will have a very short check. I will work another hour each day until the next pay period is up. Otherwise, instead of 40 hours in that pay period, I will only have 28 hours.

More later...

Bob came over this evening for wine (Scott left it) and a cookie. He left about 8:00 and I took my bath and watched a movie for awhile. I went to bed at 9:00. 

No comments: