Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday and House Cleaning

Today is the one day a week when I can get some laundry and house cleaning done. There's no exercises and no hair appointment. So today I started by catching up on my laundry and then vacuuming the apartment.

I was interrupted by a phone call from a classmate. She is the one who instigated the 80th birthday bash. She wants to be "in on" the planning but lives miles away and doesn't really do anything toward it except wish it off on others.

I talked to her for thirty or forty minutes.  Finally I was able to break away and get on with my own projects. Missy was asleep in my chair so I sat in the other one and read awhile. Now I'm almost ready to start lunch.

Lunch will be a broccoli and chicken casserole. Bob will bring a salad. We will have tea if there is enough for two. As it is, I have ordered tea from Keurig but it will be several days before it arrives. We may just have water.

I slept well last night and got up shortly before 5:00AM.

I am still checking in on my blogging friend, Balisha. She has begun her chemo and is feeling rotten. My heart goes out to her.

More later...

I got into a mess at work today. I was half way down an aisle and noticed that the tablet had skipped up and was adding the scanned numbers in the wrong place again. I saved what I had done since I was halfway down the aisle and shut down the tablet. When Katie finally came back in the office, I explained it to her. She and I found the place where those bar codes should have been and she shifted them up there and I continued scanning until I finished the aisle. I was so relieved. I was afraid I was going to have to do the entire aisle over.

I stayed until after 5:00 since I wanted to finish that aisle.

When I got home I made myself a couple of cups of hot chocolate and read the paper.  I will watch the new episode of The Big Bang Theory at 7:00 and then take my bath.

No comments: