Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday At Last

I am always glad to see Friday come. I look forward to the weekend. I don't know what else I will do tomorrow but since they have taken the rain out of Saturday, I may go shopping. We are supposed to have the rain today. We will see. Bob and I had planned to go to El Pueblo today for lunch.

I want to strip my bed in the morning and do laundry.  I got most of the apartment cleaned yesterday. I still have some dusting to do to finish.

My Bose sound bar has not come yet. Scott called and checked on it and found that it has not even shipped yet. It was supposed to be here from 5 to 7 days from the date it was ordered. I assured him it would get here when it gets here and I am not overly concerned. That was my combination Valentine gift and early Mother's Day gift. I am excited!

 More later....

I did scan bar codes this afternoon but wasn't terribly tired when I got home. I also took "new book" stickers off a couple of dozen books that are no longer "new". What a mess. I had to use Glue Gone to remove the sticky stuff from the back of each sticker.  I also put away DVDs into the machines that store themnd put a couple of baskets of them in the bookcases.

The community knows we close the library at 5:00 on Friday afternoon yet about twenty people came in at 4"45 for use of computers and to check out DVDs. We have two new machines so will be able to put many now DVDs out.  When I left at 5:05, there were  still a dozen people in the library. Some came in at 4:50. I would have locked the door at 5:00 and had to let the patrons out  after that...even one at a time. How rude it was for those folks to try to get in so late. The library employees were still there trying to work through the crowd when I left.

Bob rented a video (and it was a good one) at V & S Variety. He came over after 6:00 and left after the movie. I don't recall the name of the video but it was very good. It was about the family that had two children with Muscular Dystrophy and the struggle to find a cure or at least a treatment that would allow those folks to live a full life and not die at 8 or 9 years old. I fixed popcorn to eat with our wine.  I shouldn't have done that.  It affected my sleep.


2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

We have bitter cold this morning ( -13 ) but as to rain or snow tomorrow one place says snow, another channel says ice. I guess time will tell :)

Enjoy your weekend! :)

Margie's Musings said...

That's right, Deb. They are so confused with this erratic weather. They don't know w3hat to forecast.