Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday and Disappearing Snow

Our snow didn't amount to much...about an inch.. and as soon as the sun came out, it began melting. I had cancelled my hair appointment though because it was freezing out there and the road to Independence is treacherous. Now I will call in a little while and see if I can still get in today. I really need my haircut.

I stayed in most of yesterday. It is just as cold today but we are getting no more snow at this point.  We are to get rain on Saturday.

I will fix chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie for lunch.  Bob will bring a salad.  I don't know if I will have a dessert or not. I am low on milk and I need it to make my gravy. I sometimes make pudding when I have plenty of milk.

I go back to work this afternoon.  I dread it in many ways. Saturday morning, I cleaned the carpet where people had tracked in on it.  I did that on my hands and knees. People just don't seem to see that there is a mat at the front door to wipe their feet on. I always wonder if they wipe their feet at home when they track mud and dirt in on the new carpet at the library.

I also still have a lot of bar code scanning to do for the inventory. My hands have just quit hurting after a two day break.

I stayed up until 10:00 last night and watched an old movie on TV. It was "Anatomy of a Murder" with Jimmy Stewart. I must have missed it in the theater years ago. Anyhow it was good...an Otto Preminger movie.

So, I slept well last night even though I got up at my usual 5:00 this morning.  I have had my oatmeal and coffee this morning and Missy has had her treats and fresh food.

More later....

I was lucky, Today Katie had  me just shelf read after I got all the DVDs put away. Later she had me assemble a booklet that is the 2014 library report.  Just before I left, I put away another 50 or so DVDs. When I left it was starting to rain.

I came home and gave Missy her treats and put some fresh food in her dish. Then I had a couple of cups of hot chocolate and some yogurt.  That's my supper. I didn't feel bad at all.

Bob came over for wine and to watch Genealogy Roadshow.  He went home at 8:00. I tried to watch "The Italians" but just couldn't keep my eyes open. I went on to bed at 9:00.

No comments: