Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday and Back to Work

Yesterday evening Bob came over to watch 60 Minutes with me.  When he went home I took my bath and put on my PJs and tried to watch the Oscars but I simply could not stay awake so I just went to bed about 9:30.  I awoke at 3:00 and could not get back to sleep so at 4:00 I just got up. I know I will be wiped out tonight because I work this afternoon and will need to finish scanning the Westerns.

I will fix the rest of our pork sirloin for lunch today. We will have fried potatoes and a veggie. Bob will bring his coleslaw.  I may fix some pudding for dessert. I will also need to bake a cake today for the dinner Tuesday evening at the First Christian Church in Independence. I will take the Coffeyville cakes up there in the morning. I have the table set already.  

I can't tell at this point whether we got snow last night. I will know when the sun comes up. Right now it's only 5:15.

More later....

If we got snow last night it certainly did not stick. We went on to exercise class and then I came home to start lunch.

We had that wonderful sirloin pork for lunch. We had fried potatoes, applesauce, green beans and fruit for dessert. Everything was good.

I walked into work this afternoon to see several hundred DVDs to be put away. Paula didn't come to work either so I had her work to do too.  It's tragic but folks let their children take home five DVDs each over the weekend. So we know what their children are doing all weekend instead of reading or playing games.  I consider that a tragedy and we now know why the USA has such poor academic performance.  It's the responsibility of parents to see that their children read and they should be reading to them too starting at a very young age.

Then after I got that mess put away, I scanned bar codes for the rest of the westerns today...a couple of hours. I also assembled some more of Katie's brochures for her 2014 report for the library.

I will read tonight since there's nothing to watch on TV. 


No comments: