Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thursday and the Weekend in Sight

This has been a really exhausting couple of days. As I mentioned last night, the Bose sound system for my TV arrived yesterday afternoon. I finally opened the box this morning. It appears to be in good shape even though the box had been handled roughly.  I took a photo of it before I opened the box...just in case.  I will not try to set it up myself.   Scott says everything has to be programmed through the Bose remote. (It was wonderful of him to buy this wonderful Bose sound system for me! I should be able to hear better now.) We will see about the assembly. I am not sure we can program Cox's box with the Bose remote. Leslie is coming in the morning to help me. I will need help anyway to lift the TV and put the sound system box under it.

Scott texted me again this morning to say they were not going to try to come Memorial weekend after all. They are not in a rush to get married right away and Ginger could not get the extra days off. Kansas requires a three day waiting period. That is probably a good decision. But I probably could have gotten Judge Cullins to waive the three day waiting period. Still they would have to had to fly in on Thursday. They both want this second marriage to be their last one.  I could fly out there since he wants me to do the officiating but we would have to be sure the state of Georgia wouldn't need me to be registered in their state.

I did not sleep well again last night. I awoke at 1:30 AM to go to the bathroom and while I was there, I took a melatonin tablet. That has been working lately when I can't sleep. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to eat anything before I went to bed and it didn't work. I got up at 3:00 AM and ate some yogurt and took another melatonin. It didn't work. Finally at 4:00 I just got up and dressed. I imagine I will be awfully dead tired this evening. That was 4 1/2 hours sleep.

Yesterday at work was exhausting. When I got there at 1:00, Katie wasn't there. I started to put away DVDs but Adrian stopped me and told me I was to stuff envelopes with notes to those folks whose books and DVDs are well overdue to tell them they were about to be turned over to a collection agency. He said I was just to put the names on the envelopes. I asked "What about the addresses? How will she get them addressed?" He said she just said to put the names on the envelopes so that's what I did but I didn't seal the envelopes. I had a feeling I would need to retrieve those addresses later.

When I finished that and went to see what Paula had done about the DVDs, I found that she had put them in the machines but there were three basketfuls of DVDs for me to put away and they were neither sorted nor alphabetized. So I took the baskets back to the back, and sorted them and alphabetized them myself. Then I put the cases in the bookcases. That took about 40 minutes. Then I took some DVDs to the genealogy room with the repair and cleaning machine and spent the next forty minutes repairing and cleaning five DVDs.  By then, it was 4:00 and Katie had come in. She called me in and told me to take those envelopes and address them. She asked if I had sealed them and I told her I had not. I felt I was going to need to access those addresses ()and I was right. So, I took all the notes out of the envelopes and wrote addresses on all those envelopes and re-stuffed the envelopes.  By then, there were a few more DVDs to empty into the machines and more cases to be filed in the bookcases.  When I finished that, I was 5:00 and time to go home. Thank goodness! I was exhausted.

While I was trying to get the details of getting a marriage license in Kansas, I talked to Bonnie and Lynette at the courthouse where I worked in 2013.  It was so good to hear their familiar voices! They were all so friendly...different from the folks at the library.  I don't know what their problem is but Adrian is really the only one that is really friendly at the library.  The others just kind of ignore me unless they need me to do something for them.

I will fix spaghetti for lunch today. We will have coleslaw and garlic bread with it and perhaps green beans. I am thinking of fixing something for dessert too. Bob will be attending his Lion's Club   breakfast meeting this morning at 7:00 so he may not be all that hungry.

More later...

Katie was sick today so primarily I just shelf read, put away DVDs and repaired and cleaned DVDs. Bob came over for wine and The Big Bang Theory. He left at 7:30 and I moved into the recliner with Missy in my lap. I fell asleep there until 9:30 when I woke up fully dressed since I had not yet had my bath. I had also left my contacts in so I needed a bath, Pjs and to get those contacts out.  Then I went to bed. I had only had 4 1/2 hours sleep last night so sleep was easy to come.

No comments: