Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Busy Sunday

I took the directories to church this morning and distributed them to those who were there.  They all seemed glad to have an updated directory. There had been a lot of changes since 2011, the last directory. The woman who was to bring the sermon was ill so our pastor, Melissa, put one together last night. It was very good!

After church a group of us ate at El Pueblo Mexican Restaurant and after that I worked on the weekly newsletter. Then I got the March birthday cards from the congregation ready to go out. I put the mailing date where the stamp is to go so I don't forget to get them in the mail in time for the birthdays.

Bob is coming over this evening to watch 60 Minutes with me and have a glass of wine. I doubt he will stay for the Academy Awards. He gets too sleepy to stay awake that long.

Tomorrow I will need to bake a cake for the First Christian Church in Independence.  Our congregation provides them, every other Tuesday for their big free dinners.

It's snowing this afternoon. It started this morning and has become heavier all afternoon.  We are to get an inch.

I just read the blog from my blogging friend, Balisha, who is dying.  She is in a peaceful hospice place now waiting for the end of her life to come. I will miss her so much.  I have followed her blog and she has followed mine for several years. She gave me such support when Bob was dying in 2010. None of us will get out of this life alive though and she is going out peacefully and with a great spirit.

More later....

Bob came over at 5:15 and stayed for 60 Minutes. They had a commemorative program honoring Bob Simon who was killed last week in an auto accident in New York. It was very good! I couldn't make it for the Oscars. I went to bed after trying for an hour.

No comments: