Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday and Exercises and Work Again

I have really been busy this morning. I got up shorty before 5:00 AM and dressed and then went into the kitchen and fed Missy (that's always priority if you want a happy kitty) and then started the stew we will have for lunch. I have it in the slow cooker now and it will simmer on #3 for three or four hours. I will fix biscuits to serve with it. We will have hot tea with it too.  My order from Keurig finally came last weekend. I also baked the cake for the First Christian Church in Independence. They serve a couple of hundred lonely and hungry folks each Tuesday evening....free of any charge.

Bob will be here around 8:30 to pick me up for exercises. I will also ice my cake before I go to work.

I imagine I will be scanning bar codes at the library this afternoon. I shelf read the two hours I worked on Saturday. I will work again for two hours next Saturday morning. That will make up for my four hours lost when they are closed for President's Day.

Bob came over last evening to watch 60 Minutes with me and have wine and popcorn. When he left I took a shower and washed my hair. I will have it done while I am in Independence in the morning. I always have to re-comb it after Kathy does it. She sprays it and spikes it and that exposes the thin spots in my hair. I am thinking of looking for someone local to do it so I won't have to drive to Independence to have it done each week.

Missy and I went to bed about 9:00.

More later....

Before lunch I ran the vacuum. By Thursday I will need to do it again. I only did the part I didn't get done last Thursday.

Sure enough, I scanned bar codes for three hours. I put away over a hundred DVDs before I even began the scanning. After I finished the scanning after 4:00, I had another 75 to put away. Paula was gone by then so I had to file the cases in the bookcases as well. I left exhausted. Thank goodness I had made my stew and baked my cake this morning while I was fresh.

Bob called awhile ago. He had his cake in the oven so will bring it over in the morning. Phyllis hasn't brought hers over yet either. Karan just brought hers over.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Now I have a popcorn craving :)

Margie's Musings said...

It was good too! Really good!