Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday and off Work

I am off work today because of the holiday. I will work a couple of hours the next two Saturdays to make up for lost hours today. Today Bob and I are going to Chanute to have lunch with Tony and Gay and Imogene. Imogene is Gay's 97 year old mother. She finally moved in with them this winter. Tony is going to fry fish for our lunch. He is a great cook. Bob and I will leave about 9:00 so we can take a turn around Chanute after we get there and before we go out east of Chanute to their home. They have 40 acres so Gay can have horses and Tony can have a nice garden.

I slept really well last night. Nothing hurt at all for a change. My right elbow has been swollen and sore lately but it appears to be better.

Missy wanted out this morning just as I was taking the dishes out of the dishwasher. So I let her out by herself and went back to get my coffee and finish getting the dishes put away. When I went to check on her, she was looking under my car and hissing and spitting and growling. When I opened the door she rushed back into the apartment.   After I closed the storm door, a cat that looked just like Missy (but I think was a Tom) jumped up on the door and looked in the window. I ran him off.  He had been under my car and that was why she was hissing, spitting and growling.   Cats!

The storm touched down two tornadoes over at Chetopa and Welch which are east and south of Coffeyville. But there was very little damage. Thank goodness.

More later....

I took Bob and drove to Chanute to have lunch with Tony and Gay and Gay's 97 year old mother, Imogene.  Tony fixed his catfish. He also fixed real chips and Gay fixed two different salads. They had homemade shortcake and fresh strawberries for dessert.  Tony is an excellent cook and so is Gay but he does most of the cooking. We had a great visit.

We got home about 3:30 and Bob picked up his car and drove on to his home. I lay in the recliner with Missy in my lap and took a nap until 5:00. I hope that doesn't ruin my sleep for tonight. I'm not used to naps. He left at 7:00 and I took my bath and put my PJs on.

I ordered a new battery for the laptop that Keith and Esther brought me last year.  The battery would no longer charge and the Del;l suggested I order a new battery.. 

I will try to stay up until 9:00 tonight. I will work from 9:00 until 11:00 at the library tomorrow to make up half the hours I lost today for Good Friday. Next Saturday I will make up the other two hours before I go to meet Myra for lunch in Bartlesville..


Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I am glad that you didn't have storm damage.

Margie I saw your comment and did a little research and updated my post because of it! I researched the Polish Hill church which looks like a huge basilica...I had read that railway workers built it in their spare time. There's a historical / civic association that had a news clipping from the time that the church was dedicated and it cost 160.000 to build. That's thousands, not millions. Isn't that amazing!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. They must have been very dedicated!