Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday Again and Exercises

I may not go to exercises this morning. After our trip yesterday, I am still tired. The trip was grueling.  We sat in the bench seat for three hours with our legs folded up because there was no floor in front of the seat. When I got out of the SUV,  it took me a minute to be able to use my legs. Leslie is going to argue with them about the price when she returns it this morning. It is not the 8 passenger van she had ordered two weeks ago.  If Billie Jo had decided to go or Elnora, there would have been no place to put either of them.

I let Missy out this morning for just a minute. She took a couple of steps out and then began growling. I looked up and that cat that looks just like her (only smaller) was running across the street coming to meet her. I opened the door and ordered her back into the apartment and she obeyed (for once).  She is too old to fight and she has never really recovered from that fight two years ago.  She must have lots of aches and pains the way she strains to lie down.

I am going to put a roast in the slow cooker this morning. I had one cut in two at the market Saturday so we would not have to eat it for a week. I will add potatoes and carrots later. Bob will bring a salad. I will probably fix fruit for dessert.

More later....

Well, I did go on to exercises. I wasn't all that interested but Bob came by and I went on. I texted my daughter and she did get a discount on that Tahoe SUV that they gave us instead of a eight passenger van.  She told him she had a group of elderly citizens who had to sit with their knees up to their chins for three hours each way.  She also showed him that back bench so he could see for himself.

More even later....

Oh my! What an afternoon I had .  Katie was late getting me started with the scanning (she had a woman in her office visiting) but that wasn't the worst of it. This area I am scanning right now is full of little tiny thin books and it is so hard to keep them straight to scan. Then at the end of my time scanning, I got to some books on the background of stamps.  There were twelve of these books in book holders and I had to take each book holder out of the  bookcase to remove the thick soft bound books, open them to the page with the bar code and scan the bar code. After each two, I put the book holder back in the bookcase. The last three of these huge tomes had no book holder and were just standing insecurely alone. I laid them down flat while I scanned all the others. When I finished, I scanned each of them before starting to stand them up again and put the bookend next to them to keep the them secure. When I turned loose of them, they folded over and fell out of the bookcase hitting the little stand I had the tablet laying on. It only hit the bottom and apparently did not hurt the tablet at all. 

Well I thought not. I finished another two dozen books and got to a  stopping place before I noticed that apparently the jar on the stand caused the courser to open up away where I had begun those last two dozen scans. It was time for me to go and I went to find Katie to tell her about it and she had already gone for the day. I had to get Adrian to open her office to put the tablet and scanner away on her desk.

Needless to say, it was a mess.

I got home exhausted.  Bob had some computer problems and we worked those out too. Then at 7:00 he left and I took my bath and put my PJs on. I went to bed at 9:00.

No comments: