Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday and a Funeral

Today will be touch and go. I have the funeral for Judy's brother at 11:30 so we will eat at 11:00. I doubt I could stay for the funeral dinner since I need to be at work by 1:00. I'm supposed to have my green bean casserole there by 10:30 and then I will need to come right back and get our dinner on the table. So soon after I take Missy out for her hour this morning, I will need to put together my green bean casserole to get it ready for the funeral dinner. Then I will need to make a tomato sauce to put over our leftover meatloaf to warm it slowly. I took the meatloaf to the church dinner yesterday but there was another meatloaf there and it was the one everyone ate. I only had one piece missing from my entire meatloaf. It had been rewarmed in the microwave so it is now dry. That's why the sauce. I will put some potatoes on to cook too. Perhaps I will be able to keep some of the green bean casserole for us. I have plenty of green beans. Bob has his jello/orange salad too.  I also have pudding and cookies for dessert.  This going to be a hectic morning.

I awoke at 3:30 and really never did get back to sleep.  I finally just got up at 4:30. Sleep was impossible. I had too much on my mind.  I had seven hours. By 8:30 last night, I was exhausted and just had to go on to bed.

I took my new car sun shield out to the car this morning while it was still dark...about 5:25. Missy jumped out the door and even though I tried to catch her she wiggled loose and went on out. I turned off the carport light and then went out and found her on the carport...kind of surprised that it was so dark. She then let me pick her up and bring her back in. Darn cat! She's calmed down now and is not meowing to go out.  I will take her out in about twenty minutes.

More later...

I took Missy out at 6:15 and we stayed out an hour or so. She was happy to come back in because it was getting hotter all the time.  Bob came over and brought his coffee and had some of his pumpkin bread. He had left it with me yesterday. He left to get ready to go to exercise class. I am no longer going. I get plenty of exercise at work...up and down constantly.

My hands were very sore last night when I was getting ready to go to bed so I finally took an Aleve. Then I was able to go right to sleep.

In a little while I will start my green bean casserole. I need to get it to the church by 10:30 and it has to bake thirty minutes.

Marilyn, my neighbor here at the fourplex, came over this morning and offered to fix some brownies for the Christian Church for me to take with our cakes tomorrow.  She wants to do something for me for taking the trash over across the street every week. She doesn't need to do that but I gratefully accepted her offer.  The church can use another pan of  dessert. That was very nice of her. She will bring them over this evening.

More much later...

I didn't get all the DVDs put away until nearly 4:00....what a mess!  I got to work on time after feeding myself and Bob before the services at 11:00.

Bob came over this evening and we watched the news and an old episode of Big Bang Theory. Then he went home.  I took my bath etc.

I went to bed at 10:00, hoping I would sleep better


No comments: